In order to enable effective teaching and learning to take place, good behaviour in all aspects of school life is necessary. At ARK Bentworth Primary Academy we seek to create a caring and learning environment in the school:
- Encouraging and acknowledging good behaviour and discipline
- Promoting self esteem by encouraging students to value and respect themselves and others
- Providing a safe environment free from disruption, violence, bullying and any form of harassment
- Promoting early intervention
- Ensuring a consistency of response to both positive and negative behaviour
- Encouraging a positive relationship with parents and carers to develop a shared approach to involve them in the implementation of the school’s policy and associated procedure
- Encourage children to take responsibility for their behaviour
- Explain unacceptable behaviour
Approach to behaviour
We want school to be enjoyable for every pupil. Pupils should be able to learn, appreciate their lessons, make friends and be enthusiastic about school, so we encourage exemplary behaviour and discourage behaviour that would undermine learning or confidence between pupils or pupils and staff. We reward desirable behaviour with praise and tangible rewards and will impose consistent, clear and unavoidable sanctions for unacceptable behaviour.
It is extremely important that parents understand and support the academy’s behaviour policy and help their children understand why respecting this policy is important for the wellbeing of every pupil and the smooth running of the school.