When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with EHCPs or statements of special educational needs. If our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance of the child's home
Ark Schools Appeals Timetable
Appeals panel hearings will take place within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by the independent appeal panel clerk.
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception class in September will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
DFE advice on school admission appeals
Due to COVID-19 restrictions it may not be possible to hold appeal panel hearings in the usual way this year. The Department for Education has now issued revised guidelines for Admissions Authorities on how appeals should be dealt with. Appeals will be heard during May/June/July; all appellants will be contacted by the independent appeals clerk to explain the process, which will be the same for all Ark schools.
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||16th April 2021||17th May 2021|
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.
Information for Parents
Nursery Admissions Policy
Please click below to read our admissions arrangements for nursery.