When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with EHCPs or statements of special educational needs. If our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance of the child's home
Ark Schools Appeals Timetable
Appeals for children refused admission at a preferred school for entry into Reception, in September 2022 will be heard according to the regulations in the School Admission Appreal Code (2021).
|Offer Date||Deadline for submitting an appeal|
|Primary||19th April 2022||18th May 2022|
Appeals panel hearings will take place within 40 school days of the deadline date for submitting an appeal.
The independent appeal panel clerk will notify parents/carers of the date of their appeal: appeal hearings will take place during May/June/July 2022.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.
Information for Parents
Nursery Admissions Policy
Please click below to read our admissions arrangements for nursery.
Ark Burlington Danes Academy
Ark Burlington Danes Academy is currently consulting on its admissions policy for 23/24 which includes naming Ark Conway/Bentworth as named feeder schools. Further information on this consultation is available here.