Children have daily 20-30 minute PE lessons plus 40 minutes of playtime each day. This is to ensure that all pupils have at least 60 minutes of sport, fitness and physical activity each day.
During PE lessons, children study three disciplines:
- Sports Education: Children will learn the skills and rules of game and sports. They will learn competitive and non-competative sports, set themselves goals and try to beat their personal best.
- Fitness Education: Children will take part in weekly fitness classes aimed at raising their heart rate and getting them active.
- Health Education: Children will learn the importance of a healthy body, healthy mind and healthy lifestyle.
All children wear their PE kit on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Children should wear plain black plimsolls or trainers.
The PE kit includes:
- Ark Bentworth sweatshirt,
- Ark Bentworth t-shirt,
- Navy shorts or joggers without logos
The branded items of PE kit can be purchased from Wise Pay. Parents and carers are able to buy shorts/joggers from other stores.
PE and Sports Premium
To see a review of how we spent our PE and Sports Premium last academic year and plans for this academic year, please click below: