We want school to be enjoyable for every pupil. Pupils should be able to learn, appreciate their lessons, make friends and be enthusiastic about school, so we encourage exemplary behaviour and discourage behaviour that could undermine learning or confidence between pupils or pupils and staff. We reward desirable behaviour with praise and tangible rewards and will impose consistent, clear and unavoidable sanctions for unacceptable behaviour.
At Ark Bentworth Primary Academy we seek to create a caring and learning environment in the school by:
- Encouraging and acknowledging good behaviour and discipline
- Promoting self esteem by encouraging students to value and respect themselves and others
- Providing a safe environment free from disruption, violence, bullying and any form of harassment
- Promoting early intervention
- Ensuring a consistency of response to both positive and negative behaviour
- Developing a positive relationship with parents and carers to develop a shared approach to good behaviour
- Encouraging children to take responsibility for their behaviour
- Explaining unacceptable behaviour
It is extremely important that parents understand and support the academy’s behaviour policy and help their children understand why respecting this policy is important for the wellbeing of every pupil and the smooth-running of the school.
At Ark Bentworth Primary Academy we have a policy of prevention. Preventing bullying makes it easier to respond to incidents when they occur. It also enables us to create an ethos in which the whole academy community is clear that bullying is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Persistent bullying can severely inhibit a child’s ability to learn effectively. The negative effects of bullying can have an impact on a person for their entire life.
This school wishes to promote a secure and happy environment free from threat, harassment and any type of bullying behaviour. Therefore, this procedure promotes practices within the school to reinforce our vision, and to remove or discourage practices that negate them. If you are concerned that your child could be experiencing bullying, please let us know as soon as you can and we will work together to resolve the situation.
If you are concerned that your child could be experiencing bullying, please let us know as soon as you can and we will work together to resolve the situation.